Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Avah...7 years ago today. (Repost)

Happy Birthday to this little amazing girl of mine!

Avah Louize Spinning is finally here. I started having contractions Saturday night when I got into bed, they were coming about every hour. Sunday we spent most of the day at my parents house. About 8 pm we went home, and they started to come every five minutes, when we got home, I got in the bath, and I only lasted about five minutes, the contractions started getting very intense. So we continued to get ready for the hospital. They were very consistent for an hour, and just seemed to get stronger and stronger, so Vin called the hospital, and they told me to come on up. When we arrived at the hospital they hooked me up to all the monitors and checked my dilation. I was only about a 2.5 I couldn't believe it wasn't more than that. Thank goodness they didn't sent me home. I was put on potassium (not sure of the spelling) to help get the contractions closer together. About an hour later I was checked again, and to a 3 so the nurse asked me if I wanted the epidural, there was no hesitation...I said YES!! (Note to all of those who have never given birth before and are about too, DO NOT EAT A BIG MEAL THE DAY YOU THINK YOU WILL DELIVER. - I was not good, threw up twice, poor Vinny he was such a trooper, so good with me. At about 12:30 Dr. Fowers came in (he is not our original doctor, Avah decided to choose a day when our doctor wouldn't be around) he broke my water and said that for a first time delivery it would most likely be a couple hours to get to 4cm and then it's usually 1cm every hour till you get to ten. So we all thought that Dr. Kirkman would actually be able to deliver her because he would be back on at 7:00 am. Little did we know. My sister was also there, so the three of us turned the light off and all tried to sleep. At a little after 2, I woke up and had a lot of pain in my back. The baby was moving a lot, and her heart rate kept dropping, so I was put on Oxygen for her. The pain wouldn't go away, and I was starting to feel pain down the left leg. The nurse checked me, and to all of our amazement I was already at a 7. I was able to get more medicine because it felt like I was feeling it ware off in my left side. At about 3:00 the pain in my back was getting worse, and it had only been twenty minutes since the nurse checked me, but she decided to check me again, and I was already at a ten. So I was obviously not a typical first time as far as having a long labor. Avah was ready to come out, the nurse started getting everything ready, and we started to do some pushing. It was pretty natural to me, which was surprising. I thought I wouldn't be able to do it. But she was so low, and her head was crowning. So the doctor was paged. My parents were called. I was so happy because my dad stayed and got to witness her being born. I know it meant so much to him. I started to feel a lot of pressure and wanted to push, but the nurse wouldn't let me anymore until the doctor got there. Vinny and I are convinced that the nurse was starting to get nervous that Dr. Fowers wasn't there yet. She kept saying to me, “Don't push, just breath thru it.” Finally the doctor got there, and about twenty minutes of pushing, she was here. Perfect and Amazing. She did so great, and I mush say, I think I did pretty good myself. It was honestly the most amazing thing I have ever been thru. It's so true that there is nothing like it, no words to describe it. You really don't know unless you have been thru it. I am so in love with my daughter, and can not believe that I am a mommy. I really can't believe that Vinny is a Daddy. I am seeing him in a completely different way, and falling completely in love with him all over again. He is so good with her, and just loves her so much. He already has promised her a pony and puppy, he says she will get whatever she wants. (UH OH, I think we are in trouble.) He was so good during the labor. I really couldn't have asked for anything better. So here are some pictures of her on her first day in the world, we will take more today, she is starting to puff out. So she is looking more like a baby!! I am just in love...


100_2584_3
100_2587100_2590100_2593100_2573




























No comments:

Post a Comment